Switching Your Payroll
Irrespective of whether you currently outsource your school payroll to another payroll provider or are still using the Local Education Authority (LEA), if things aren’t going smoothly, or to your satisfaction, there’s no sense in staying put.
Only too often when new clients come to us, they tell us how they were worried about making the switch to another provider. Often this is because they’re worried about offending their existing provider, but they also sometimes fear that switching will be more hassle than it’s worth. It’s for this reason that we’ve made switching to Payplus as easy as A, B, C.
At Payplus we have 30 years of experience processing payrolls and welcoming new clients. Once you’ve decided to change to us, we’ll work with you throughout the whole process to make sure it goes without a hitch. However, just to give you an idea what to expect, we’ve put together a list of what’s likely to happen:
- We’ll appoint your payroll specialist who will work with you during the whole switch-over process, and beyond.
- We’ll ask you to tell your current payroll provider that you plan to switch and that you’ll be appointing us as your new provider. At that point we’ll ask you to authorise them to give us all the information we need.
- We’ll work with you to identify the best time for the switch-over, so that there is no risk of delay on payday.
- We’ll get in touch with your existing payroll provider, whether it’s another professional firm or the LEA, asking them to provide us with all the information we need.
- We’ll ask you to identify the management information you need.
- We’ll double check the information we’re given. Changing payroll provider is a great opportunity to double-check the data your payroll team is working with. And particularly now with Real Time Information, it’s essential that the information we’re working with is up to date and accurate.
- Once we’re confident that your information is correct, at the agreed time we’ll process your payroll and will be available for you if you, or your staff need us.
- Thereafter we’ll prepare and provide your payslips in either paper or e-format, whichever you prefer.
- Then we’ll prepare and present the reports you’ve identified you’d like as a result of your payroll processing.
- And finally we’ll sort out your Real Time Information reporting.
If for some reason you’re holding back changing payroll provider, why not get in touch today? We’re pretty confident that you’ll be surprised at how straightforward the whole process is.